Who we are
The core activity of Vanbreda Risk & Benefits is to act as a consultant and broker for financial products and services. In order to provide services to our clients, we process a variety of personal data. Our contact details are as follows:
|Telephone:||088 - 273 32 00|
|Postal address:||PO Box 203, 2800 AE Gouda|
Purpose of this statement
It is our responsibility to protect your personal data as best we can, while conforming to the requirements of privacy legislation. In so doing, we want to be transparent about the types of data we process, the objectives of data processing, who we share the data with and what your rights are with respect to your own data. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to provide you with more information in this regard. If you have a question this document does not address, please contact us.
1. Types of data
1.1 In order to provide services to you, we may process the following personal data:
- Contact details, such as your name, address, place of residence, telephone number or email address
- Your age, sex or marital status
- Data on your passport, driving licence or other form of ID (we may request a copy of your ID)
- Data on your employment history, income, profession and employer
- Data on your financial situation, assets and debts
- Data on your current financial products, such as bank accounts or insurance policies
- Special personal data, such as data on your health (under certain circumstances)
- Data on any criminal or fraudulent activities in your past (if relevant)
- Data on your claims and/or claim history
1.2 If we need to process data on your health or criminal record, we will normally only do so with your permission and will take the greatest possible care.
2. Objectives of data processing
2.1 We process your personal data specifically for the following business activities (non-exhaustive list):
- Assessing and accepting potential clients
- Managing our relationships with potential and existing clients and visitors (or having a third party manage such relationships)
- Managing and expanding our client database
- Concluding and implementing agreements
- Carrying out analyses of personal data for statistical and archiving purposes
- Carrying out targeted and non-targeted marketing and promotional activities to build, maintain or expand our relationship with a potential or existing client
- Meeting statutory obligations
- Sending newsletters or specific information.
3. Legal basis for data processing
3.1 We process your personal data on one or more of the following grounds:
- The ability to implement an agreement regarding a financial product or service
- The ability to meet one or more of our statutory obligations, such as our statutory duty of care until a financial product for which we have acted as broker reaches maturity or the observance of statutory data retention periods
- Your express permission to process your personal data to a specific end, which you may retract at any time
- The representation of our legitimate business interests or those of a third party. We strive for a fair balance between your interests and ours at all times. Our interests include the careful implementation of our agreement(s) with you and the furtherance and possible expansion of our client relationship, such as through direct marketing and/or profiling for marketing purposes.
4. Personal data storage and retention period
4.1 We will only retain your personal data for as long as and to the extent that we need them. In any case, data that are essential to our business activities will be retained for the duration of our relationship or agreement. Upon the termination of our relationship or agreement, we will only retain those data for the duration of the applicable statutory retention period.
5. Information, amendment and objection
5.1 You have specific rights with regard to the processing of your personal data. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you require more information about your rights.
5.2 You may also contact us at any time if you require more information as to:
- whether we process your personal data;
- the way in which we process your personal data;
- which of your personal data we process;
- objections against our processing of your personal data;
- amendments to your personal data if you suspect that they have been processed incorrectly;
- limiting access to your personal data;
- removing (deleting) your personal data;
- transferring your personal data to yourself or to another organisation at your request;
- a consultation with our compliance officer, who can be contacted by calling 088 - 126 92 00 or emailing email@example.com;
- questions regarding the contents of this Privacy Statement.
5.3 Please note that we may be unable to comply with your request. If this is the case, we will inform you of our reasons.
6. Protection of your data
6.1 We have implemented adequate technological and organisational safeguards to protect your personal data.
7. Disclosure of data to third parties
7.1 We will not disclose your personal data to third parties without cause. We will only have the right to do so if you have given your permission, if we have an obligation to do so under the law or by virtue of a judicial decision, or if such a disclosure serves one of our personal data processing objectives.
7.2 For business operation reasons and depending on the services we provide to you, we may disclose your personal data to the following persons or parties:
- Financial institutions (such as banks or insurance companies) from which we request a financial product on your behalf or from which you have purchased a financial product brokered by us or managed by us until it reaches maturity
- Persons and parties that must be informed under the law
- External parties that process data on our behalf and under our control, such as our ICT service provider and our direct and indirect marketing agency
- Damage experts and fraud prevention databases such as Fish and Cis
- Civil-law notaries, lawyers and accountants (if relevant).
7.3 External parties that process data on our behalf only do so for the purposes and in accordance with the conditions we agree with them, which are laid down in writing.
8. Amendments to this Privacy Statement
8.1 We may need to amend this Privacy Statement in the future. The most up-to-date version can always be found on our website.
9. Right of complaint
9.1 If you disagree with the way we process your personal data or observe your rights as a client, please contact us in any case by calling 088 - 273 32 00.
9.2 You may also lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. Please visit www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl for more information.